Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Weekends Are My Favorite

I took a break from the Blogger world over the weekend, because I found myself obsessing over every little detail. Yes, I can be a little OCD at times. BUT I"M BACK!

Saturday

Joshua picked me up around noon and we made our way to one of our favorite spots in town, The Farm Basket. Located right on the river, this quaint spot has amazing food, a relaxing ambiance, and a huge $700 hand-carved, wooden chess board available for our entertainment. What could be more relaxing?... Actually my blood preasure went up mid-game because I was getting spanked (whatever)...

Landing Placeholder

Landing Placeholder


Saturday Night

My friend Allie and I, met up with my old roommate, Ashleigh, who was visiting from Washington D.C. I miss her dearly. We were meeting at Starbucks and I thought it would be a good  friend points idea to order a drink for her, Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte to be exact.

She walked through the door and after our *squeals* and "oh my gosh! you look great girl" episode, she sat down. I sat there antisipating her sheer delite, at the site of her piping hot, espresso drink. When all of a sudden she said quite possibly the most terrifying, unrealistic, unimaginable,  thing ever...."I am fasting from coffee"

GASP!

I am pretty sure my face said it all in that moment and whatever drives someone to fast from coffee is beyond my comprehension. Needless to say, I presented my sap story to the Barista, who chuckled and made her a Earl Grey Tea Latte on the house. This is why I love Starbucks.


Super Bowl Sunday

Josh and I are not sport fans, I dont think I have ever watched an entire Super Bowl game. So while everyone else was downing chicken wings, laughing at the commercials, enjoying Madonna? and throwing stuff at the television, this is what we were doing :)



Yes. We went to the movies and saw The Grey, I bought a really cute, glass chess set from Walmart for $6 (we are obsessed now) and we made homemade Margarita pizza. YUM.

We did happen to turn the game on for the last five minutes to see the Giants win. In that moment we both realized something. Somewhere, at this very second, some poor soul was sitting next to Josh's roommate Kyle, a die hard Patriots fan, and immediatley regreted their decision.

I lost the chess game. :(

3 comments:

  1. <3 Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte<3 <3 <3 I had to put a bunch of hearts because my heart starts beating a little faster when we get to talking about coffee...especially this specific drink! haha See you for line dancing tomorrow I hope?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how was the movie?! it looks really interesting. and guess what...i don't drink coffee!!! gasp! hehe i used to but i gave it about about 4 years ago : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie was pretty good...I'm not a huge fan of back to back profanity in a movie, so that was kind of a bummer and distracting...but overrall it was entertaining. I would wait for the redbox version ;)

      Your better off without coffee...its addicting and at times expensive...I have become a huge tea drinker as well...do you enjoy tea?

      Delete