Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Smarty Pants

 
J.Crew's Much Loved Little Black Pant

Minnie 



I am the new proud owner of these "life changing" pants (and I am not being dramatic), and can't wait to snag them in a different color. They are comfy and sophisticated. Having a J.Crew so close to home has its perks, but my bank account hates it!

Dramatic Story for the Day

I am a 23 year old, 5'2" shorty-porty. I can wear kid's shoes and my hands are half the size of my boyfriends. My feet dangle in every chair I sit in, at movie theatres, on the bus, in my desk chair and I like to sit on the end seat at Church, so I can look from the side. No worries. I am secure with my height and petite frame (thanks to momma Lisa).

But on this particular morning, my short, walking-strides got the better of me, and really put me in a fowl mood. I pulled into the parking lot at 8: 03 a.m. (I am always, always late for work, I have no idea how I even have a job), slammed the door of my blue, Honda Civic, flipped my freshly, curled hair behind my shoulder, coffee in hand (always), and charged for the door in my cute newly purchased, ballet flats.

While admiring the sun rising and the birds chirping (not really),  all I here is *click* *click* *click*...closer and closer and closer. Like the theme song from "JAWS"...louder and louder. She was gaining on me. A 5'9" blonde, bombshell in shoes that looked like this:


(slite exaggeration)

with strides that would allow her to run a mile faster than I could get to the door, and she was right behind me. So close, she could probably tell I used my Suave shampoo this morning instead of Dove (which I don't recommend). This was Serious. "You have got to be kidding me...alright Barbie...you want to play games?".  Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not a morning person, so imagine the irritation when someone is practically stepping on your heals in stiletto's at 8:03 in the morning.

Needless to say, I began a slight jog to the door, grabbed the polished, handle and flew the double door's open. Spilling little drips of coffee on my new ballet flats, I leaped up the stairs and made it through my office door. The clicking noise of her knock-off Louboutin's, where a distant memory and as I sat in my cubicle, sipping on my half-full coffee, all I could do was sigh and say "Sweet Victory :)".

Tonight

GIRLS NIGHT!

Lindsey is coming over and Erin and I are making Italian. I will share what we make tomorrow!

Happy Wednesday!



3 comments:

  1. oh my heavens those pants look so perfect! seriously coveting them. and that story is so great

    thanks for stopping by my blog, and leaving that sweet comment.

    jemmza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!! I LOVE your dramatic story of the day. Anyone should know not to mess with a girl headed to work at 8am! And you put my button on your blog! That's so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I love your story!! :) I LOVE J Crew, but sadly, there aren't any really close by, which might actually be a good thing for my bank account. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet words! xo

    ReplyDelete