Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday Madness


Monday's To Do List:
  1. Get My Eyebrows Waxed (Lord knows they are scary)
  2. Go to Verizon to buy look at an iPhone. My phone broke :(
  3. Paint my finger nails & toes (I never find time to do this stuff for myself)
  4. Fold the laundry sitting in the dryer (sorry Erin, classic Shalie :)
  5. Do some Homework!
  6. Tend to the needs of my sick, sweet boyfriend
  7. Run 2 miles?.............................yea :)
  8. Watch the BACHELOR!
  9. Relax with my new ribbon wick candle from Wood Wick (I love candles)


-&-

Introducing: Spicy Macaroni and Cheese

DSC_0216_1721

This dish will change your life...and I am not being dramatic. Last time I made this dish I paired it with some grilled chicken. YUM. Pioneer Woman really has a way of displaying her food and has such a fun personality. Check out her website!

P.W.’s Spicy Macaroni & Cheese

4 cups cooked macaroni or cavatappi
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 to 1/2 finely diced red onion
Equal amount diced red bell pepper
1 finely diced jalapeno
1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
1 cup frozen corn
2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup cream
1 generous cup grated Pepper Jack cheese
2 tablespoons butter
Salt
Pepper

Boil pasta until al dente. In a large skillet, add olive oil and saute garlic and vegetables over medium heat for a couple of minutes. Add in canned chilies and stir around, then turn off heat. Drain pasta and add it to skillet. Pour on cream, add cheese, then add salt and pepper to taste and stir gently. At the end, add 2 tablespoons butter and stir again. Check seasonings and serve.

Serve with juicy steak, with grilled shrimp, chicken, or on its own. It’ll change your life for the better.



1 comment:

  1. I am so pumped for The Bachelor tonight!! The one reason that I love Mondays. :)

    ReplyDelete